Internet of Things with Intel Galileo (pdf)
Employ the Intel Galileo board to design a world of smarter technology for your home
About This Book
- Discover some of Galileo's best development options using Arduino and Node.js
- Build complex projects in the field of Internet of Things and integrate with IoT platforms
- A step-by-step guide that takes you from the basics of IoT to developing full fledged systems that can be put into daily use
Who This Book Is For
This book employs an incremental, step-by-step approach to get you familiarized with everything from the basic terms, board components, and development environments to developing real projects. Each project will demonstrate how to use specific board components and tools. Both Galileo and Galileo Gen 2 are covered in this book.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the concept of the Internet of Things
- Wire and power a Galileo board safely
- Develop code using the Arduino IDE, Intel IoT Dev Kit, and Intel XDK environments
- Build and start a Galileo board from a bootable image
- Use the Internet to feed, control, and gather data from sensors
- Create connected modules
- Combine multiple sensors to build complex projects
This book starts by teaching you the essentials of the Intel Galileo board, its components, how to wire it, and how to use it safely. The book will teach you how to use and combine simple sensors to build more complex connected objects with the help of an Internet connection. You'll also learn how to control and read from your sensors by building a number of interesting projects. Finally, the book will familiarize you with the art of controlling your objects using mobile devices.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to understand the key concepts of the Internet of Things, and what a "Thing" truly is. This book will make you ready and also more aware of what you can do with a Galileo board, while inspiring you with more ideas to build your own home projects.